In pictures: Govt. responds to blocking of UGC website by IIPM founder Arindham Chaudhuri
Doubts pertaining to free speech have surfaced yet again in India, after the Department of Telecommunication (DoT) ordered several URLs that were critical of Arindam Chaudhuri’s Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM) to be blocked on the basis of a court order. So much so, that a key URL among the list, apart from an article by The UnReal Times, was that of an article by the Government’s University Grants Commission, which had invalidated IIPM.
How did the UPA government’s think-tank respond to the self-proclaimed management guru? The UnReal Times star correspondent Atul Baskarbe presents the happenings in pictures:
- PM convenes emergency cabinet meeting to filter content critical of IIPM on govt websites
- In pictures: Shah Rukh Khan responds to Hafiz Saeed’s invitation to relocate to Pakistan
- Arindam Chaudhuri dares Indian cricket team to think beyond flat home pitches
- “Dare to search beyond Google!”: Arindam Chaudhuri to launch “PonyTail Search”
- Arindam Chaudhary replaces SRK with Jairam Ramesh as IIPM’s brand ambassador