- World News
- In Pics
I appeal to you to appeal to the CM of Uttar Pradesh to pardon and reinstate suspended IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal. It is shameful on our part to sit by and watch an honest officer being punished for doing her duty.
However I realize that you are very busy these days with more pressing matters like guiding the youth, saving secularism, advocating judicial restraint and reuniting India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. Hence, to save your time, I have created a draft copy of the letter, which you can finalize and send across to the CM of Uttar Pradesh. Please find attached the same below.
One of the 90% idiots of the country.
An appeal to H.E. The CM of Uttar Pradesh to reinstate suspended IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal
August 10, 2013
1. H.E. The Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh
Re: Reinstatement of Durga Shakti Nagpal
The media has reported that an IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal was suspended from duty for taking on the sand mafia and challenging the authority of the state. However, I request you to pardon her for the following reasons:
1) She has been suspended for the last few days. During this period, she suffered a lot, and had clouds hovering over her head throughout. She had to undergo various tribulations and indignities during this period.
2) She was just doing her duty honestly.
3) There is a broad separation of powers under the Constitution and the three organs of the state must respect each other and must not ordinarily encroach into each other’s domain. Hence, there is a need for legislative restraint just like judicial restraint. If you doubt this, please double check with senior lawyer Mahesh Jethmalani.
4) Since she has suffered a lot, please provide her a reprieve. The word ‘reprieve’ is defined in the Oxford Dictionary as ‘cancel or postpone the punishment’.
5) She is married.
6) She has through her actions against evil forces revived the memory of Goddess Durga.
7) She should not be unfairly treated because she is not a celebrity. At the same time, she should not be put to disadvantage merely because she has now become a celebrity.
8) If IAS officers get their fingers burnt for doing their duty, they will think twice before doing their duty, causing a further policy paralysis. I am reminded of a famous quote by Mark Twain “The cat, having sat upon a hot stove lid, will not sit upon a hot stove lid again. But he won’t sit upon a cold stove lid, either”.
I therefore appeal to you to pardon Durga Nagpal under whatever Article of the Constitution you deem fit and reinstate her.